Tuesday, September 1, 2015

"We are called to serve..."

Hey, Hi, Hello. So this week was your basic week when you try to follow up on OYMs, none of them were interested. Yeah that's usually how it goes sadly. But our miracle, Virgiana is progressing gd! She will be baptized on September 12, can you tell I'm excited? Shes my lola here(: like she reminds me of my lola Schimbeck and my lola Sommer(: you know what I loved about this week though? Sister Cansanay. No matter how hard it was she kept me so strong. She is such a positive person! Ah I love her. Like sometimes I'll be like okay Sister we need to find some of these inactive members (and I say it in a not very excited tone because its hard) and she says "alright, we'll find nemo!" haha shes so weird. But I love her.
-Brother Gino is getting ready to serve in New Zealand!!
And then theres Sister Cansanay
and Michelle just looking pretty as always.


STORY TIME: so every morning Sister Cansanay and I will do our morning exercise (usually just laying on the floor pretending to do crunches) but one morning we felt like going on a walk, so we started our walk and we were like yeah this is nice. It wasn't hot and the dogs were asleep so yeah, super peaceful. Then we were approaching this house and there was a lady struggling to pull weeds in her yard. So we stopped and talked to her for a minute and then asked her if we could help. She hesitated and said no at first, Filipinos like to do things themselves, but then agreed to let us help. So I hate pulling weeds. That's one chore at the house that I just avoided. But as I saw this woman struggling to pull a few weeds I remembered  a chapter I read just the other day during my personal study. Matthew 25 the parable of the sheep and the goats. "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" That verse really hit me when I read it just a day ago so as I remembered it walking up to her it was not a chore for me to offer help, I was serving my sister and my God. And I've never enjoyed such a service.
-Me and Sister Cansanay being guapa and stuff haha(:
Not to mention the wonderful promise "come ye, blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world." We are called to serve, and that service can take so many forms. This woman wasn't interested in our message but I know she was touched by our service and maybe someday she will accept it. All that matters is that we serve. Serve with all our heart, might, mind and strength. I love being a missionary. This mission has been the hardest thing I've ever loved. The gospel is so true! Yup. Bye stay fresh!

Sister Schimbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment