Monday, September 14, 2015

Ang tanan mawtahay

Hi guysh. So I don't have too much to say about this week. It was a lot like last week if you remember how that was. But we continue to look for the tender mercies and blessings everyday cause Heavenly Father sends those out like hot pretzels. They never fail to keep me smiling(:
Hi I'm Shister Schimbeck :D
No matter how hard or discouraging or exhausting or heart breaking this work is, its the best. I'll never be able to explain how but its so true.

I just want to share one experience I had this week reading in the Bible (guys I love the bible, it is true) I was reading in Luke 22, which you guys know, is about the atonement of Jesus Christ but the cool part is is when we went to follow up training the next day and the AP started his training off with this picture that is attached, Agony in Gethsemane,
and he testified that we have angels ministering to us if we form our will to the Fathers. And I cried a little bit a won't lie. Because that picture went perfectly with words I just read the day before in Luke, "Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. And there appeared an angel unto him from Heaven, strengthen him." So beautiful, right? It calmed my stressed out soul. I too testify that we have angels ministering to us and strengthening us in our times of need, of course, as we form our will to his. I just love this picture. It has changed my look on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father. He loves us. He will never leave us alone, even if we may feel like it. He never sends trials that we cannot overcome. "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us..." I know the enabling power of the Atonement is real. I've witnessed it.
Faith and Ronwell came to visit at our follow up training! 
I love being a missionary a lot guys. You all have a great week and stay fresh!
John! He is my favorite ever and has such a beautiful story! He was a less active and was addicted to all kinds of bad things and wasn't going to school or working. Just really sad life. But then something in him just changed and he has returned back to church straight up stopped his vices and is preparing to go on a mission(: seeing less actives return is just as rewarding as a baptism!! 


This is what you call a bahay kubo.
I want to buy one and take in back with me. They are so peaceful(:


mirror shots with the bea! I forgot about mirror shots,
that was my game back in the day.



Mission Shirt Designed by My Taytay(dad)




I got my trunky letter this week :(
but then I got chewy chips a hoy cookies too so its okay(: 


This is a caterpillar. It was huge and really cute so I wanted to hold it but it felt so weird!
 You can tell by my face no? hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment