Monday, July 6, 2015

Book of Mormon...The Key to Conversion

Hey. This week was wonderful, my faith has grown tremendously!! So many little ways that have made such a huge change in my heart and brought a stronger faith. So there is a typhoon passing the Visayas right now (Bacolod is part of the Visayas) the typhoon itself is far away from us but we still have some strong wind and rain. It has rained all day everyday for the last 5 days. The sky reminds me of winter in enterprise. Its so dark and gloomy. So the dark sky with the freezing rain makes me have no desire to leave our apartment. My faith wavered. But then Sister Tatireta says to me "Sister Schimbeck do you love Jesus Christ or do you love Satan?" And I say to her "Sister Tatireta I most certainly love Jesus Christ! Lets go save some souls!" I found the faith to go out into that miserable weather and the atonement of Jesus Christ makes up for the rest. I know the enabling power of the atonement is real and it is helping us everyday whether we realize it or not.

We met our new mission President this week! President Barredo. He is so awesome!!! Everyone has been wondering what will be the vision of Pres Barredo for our mission. Pres Lopez created a vision for us and it has been the success of our mission so we were anxious to see what will change. During his presentation he had a picture of him and his wife in front of the temple on their wedding day and he says " Elders and Sisters, you want to know my vision. This is my vision" Hahaha oh hes so spiritual and funny at the same time. Its perfect and I love it.

This Saturday was the baptism of Felix(: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY TO ME! When I first met Felix I thought he was going to be an eternal investigator.



He belonged to the apostolic church, wouldn't except anything except the bible and didn't believe in the God head. I had no faith in Felix. But as we gave time for Felix to feel the power of the spirit it change his view, he grew in faith and made the decision to be baptized(: in his testimony after his baptism he said "I love the bible but its not the Book of Mormon. My life is changed from the Book of Mormon and I know it is the word of God" I cried right then and there. My faith grew. The Book of Mormon has a power. I feel it everyday when I read it. I read one of my favorite stories this week. The story of the Brother of Jared. He is the man. So much faith!!! My faith grew reading about his faith. So in chapter 2 he is asking the lord what he's going to do to have light in their barges and what the lord replied to him changed my life, "What will ye that I should do that ye may have light in your vessels?"
Have you ever just been asking for general blessings or general guidance in your prayers? That was me and this time. And I didn't really feel anything. But I know that we are to counsel with the lord in all our doings not just ask him to bless us. To get specific blessings we ask for specific blessings. Oh I love the Book of Mormon. It is true. The gospel is true and it changes lives. I love being a missionary! Kbye stay fresh!

Sister Schimbeck
New T-Shirt Design made by my dad


No comments:

Post a Comment