Monday, March 23, 2015

Nine Months

So I didn't write last week because I was a little brat. So I wrote in a few letters ago that right now is hard for me and it still is. But I made some very wonderful changes, my heart has had a mighty change by the enabling power of the atonement.
#9months

#SelfiesAndSunsets
So of course in all hard situations we pray to our Heavenly Father. But like I was so vain in my prayers, I was basically commanding Heavenly Father in my prayers; give me this, do this, why isn't this happening. I know, its awful. But I've studied a lot about our Savior this week and His atonement. It brings so much peace to my soul studying about Him. And it really amazes me just how wonderfully perfect the atonement is and that it literally can help us in every aspect of our lives. When we start to understand and use the enabling power of the atonement in our lives we will pray and seek for strength to change our circumstances rather than praying for our circumstances to be changed. We will become people who act rather than objects that are acted upon (2 Nephi 2:14) We can't change everything as missionaries. I think we think that some times (or at least I did). We are endowed with power from God and we're helping people change and convert to the gospel and we feel invincable!!
just taking a break in a hammock(:
But like not every situation is that easy to change, we have to change. Change our attitude. Pray for strength to change the circumstance not for the circumstance to change. Why did it take me so long to realize that? After I realized this so much peace in my life. We can make it through anything with the enabling power of the atonement, I testify of it. Our Heavenly Father and Jesus love us so much I only wish I could understand but until then I'll just enjoy the love they are constantly making known to me through tender mercies(:

Our investigators Rolly and Edwin are freaken on fire right now. Brother Rolly smokes 2 packs of cigs everyday. Thats like 20+ cigs guys!! And he is so determined to stop he told us "I can do it, mind over matter" and he is now down to only 12 a day, enabling power of the atonement.
Our family home evening with the Malunes Family(:
Brother Edwin is a part member (his wife is a less active) and he's never had interest in the church but after we taught about the 3 kingdoms of glory and eternal families he cried and told us he knows that this is the most true thing he's heard and that he needs to be baptized so he can be with his family forever, enabling power of hte atonement. Have a wonderful week everyone!! I love you and I love this gospel and I love being a missionary! Stay fresh kay.

Sister Schimbeck

#iSchoolAtBowling

I just love Balabag so we took a picture with Balcezar with the beautiful view!

I love the sunsets here(:

Posing on the remains of a stair case that lead to a huge mansion that was destroyed in the war here! 

Posing on the remains of a stair case that lead to a huge mansion before it was destroyed in war! 

#Posing



No comments:

Post a Comment