Monday, December 29, 2014

White Christmas in the Philippines

So my Christmas here in the Philippines was so so wonderful! Not at all like Christmas in the states. It's hot and rainy. There's no fudge or crapes. The houses aren't all decked out with decorations and lights or Christmas trees. And only some families even have gifts to give. I'm away from my family. But I had a Philippines Christmas. My Christmas was white in its own special way, the baptism of Albert(:
White Christmas with Albert
(you know cause he wears white) I didn't get my Christmas eve crapes but I did get rice at every house we visited (literally every visit, I could feel my skirt getting tighter and tighter around my waist) I had three packages to open Christmas morning from my wonderful family(: and I got Skype my family!! So with or without these things my Christmas was prime, mostly because I felt the true spirit of Christmas. The spirit of Christ! I love these people I get to serve here in the Philippines(: they have all become family to me!

The baptism of Albert was the most spiritual baptism I've attended. He has been an investigator for five years. He's attended church regularly all these years too but he never just had the desire to get baptized. My companion and I decided to follow up with him and he just really had a desire after a couple visits!! Its the spirit of Chirst I just know it. Albert is going to be a powerful leader of the church someday I just know it. He is like a robot. He had everything memorized!! Like he understood repentance so well. His testimony was so powerful! Him and Genie Love just got married that day too and he is so excited to go to the temple with her in a year! I love this gospel and I love seeing it change lives everyday! I love you all! And I love being a missionary! Stay fresh.

Sister Schimbeck
Found my Daddies name in stone

Laundry Day! 

These are just a few of my favorite people here in Santa Fe(:

These are just a few of my favorite people here in Santa Fe(:

No comments:

Post a Comment