Monday, September 29, 2014

YOLO~(you only live once)

Hello everyone! So this week was National Family Week. So you could guess I got pretty homesick. But I kinda like when I get homesick cause then I have to throw myself into this work even more. We were able to get 16 new investigators!!! Like we found these new areas and they're poppin with lost souls ready to receive the gospel


(: so funny story one of our investigators was bearing testimony about how the Book of Mormon has changed his life to us and he says "I'm so glad I have this book to guide my life because YOLO" I died laughing!!! Oh I love this people. So also I'm basically a master chief at making top romen, pancakes, oatmeal and spaghetti. Its all I can make hahah oh yeah! So I found out this week that the area I'm in was just opened to Sisters in November last year and I'm the first Sister to train here. So yeah it now explains why the members don't really know how to help me. All is well thought we're learning together(:


The Jain family was baptized this week(: my first family baptism on family week!!! I was so excited. This family was so changed by the gospel. Like it was the most change I've seen so far. Brother Stewart, the father, was smoking 10 plus cigarettes and drinking several glass of alcohol a day the day before we committed him to stop. He was very confident he was going to be able to stop by the next day though, but we were pretty doubtful cause he failed to stop last time we committed him to a date. But to our surprise he stopped and hasn't smoked or drank again to this day!! That's when the rest of his family really started to change too. This gospel is so amazing and I'm so blessed to be apart of this work.  

Deciding to serve a mission was the best decision I've ever made. Its truly opened my eyes to the gospel. Like I've always known these things were true but being here and teaching it just takes on a whole other level. I don't even know if that makes sense? Anyways, so fun little cross reference I want to share with ya'll(: so in 1 Nephi 6:4-6 Nephi is just writing about his purpose and how its all about persuading man to come unto God and he writes what is only pleasing to God and what is of worth for us to know in order to be saved! And in Jacob 4:3 Jacob is talking about how hard is it to write these things but they do it just hoping that we will read it with thankful hearts!! I know I'm thankful for the words they have wrote for us. I know they're truly the word of God!! And I love being a missionary! 

Sister Schimbeck

 Here's some of the adventures I had here this week(: 
 Cute little girls that call me a barbie every time they see me haah 

Eating some yummy lugo  

 Heres some of the adventures I had here this week(: 
Family home evening for Mercy's birthday(:

 I've been trying to keep a good attitude but being a missionary is so hard. Especially this one day where I was missing you all so much and I couldn't concentrate. But then I found the cute note from you in my notepads and I was instantly comforted(: you do so much for me and I'm so grateful to have you as a father!!! I love you so so much dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment