Sunday, September 21, 2014

Time to "Shine"~Splits and Headstands

Week six here in the Philippines and I'm half way done with my training. Its so crazy. I don't like how fast time is going by. So Filipinos I learned love karaoke. Like they don't have much but they all have a karaoke machine. And they love to sing to the most over played most annoying american pop music. Very loudly I might add too. Good thing missionary work makes me so exhausted or I would have a hard time falling asleep at night. I've also learned Filipinos standard time. There's Mormon standard time, and then there is Filipino standard time. Like our baptisms for instance we're supposed to start it at 4 but no one shows up till 5. And then church starts at 9 and no one shows up till 10. They're some funny people! I truly love the Philippines.  

So we went on transfers this week (3 picture). 


I got to go with Sister Fanene to her area and it was a totally different teaching experience than I've ever had before. I loved it. Okay before I left for my mission everyone was telling me to be myself, make sure you always stay yourself and I was just like well yeah who else am I gonna be? 
 (-Exchanges with Sister Fanene...the Filipino standing next to me told me that after he gets baptized we're going to get married in the temple. Haha he was so drunk)But I didn't realize until I went out with Sister Fanene that I wasn't being myself. I was trying to be my trainer. Sister Fanene showed me that you can be yourself and an awesome missionary at the same time! I've never felt the spirit so much when I taught and I didn't realize it till later that night when I was praying that its because I wasn't trying to pretend to be someone else! It was a beautiful self discovery!! Like at this family home evening (2 picture) I spun on my head (it was for a game, I didn't do it on my own free will). I went into a head stand and started running around spinning on my head, butt up in the air and 
                                                                                         

everything. Yeah, I'm myself again though and it is truly making the change in my relationships with members and investigators. I was called here because of who I am. So glad I could remember that this week!

Our baptism this week was Sister Shine! Her mom is the relief society president and her boyfriend is serving a mission. So we always thought she was a member but when we tried to talk to her about something church related she told us she wasn't a member. (-Quimbo family home evening(:) We were like what?! Why aren't these people sharing the gospel with you!! We taught her about the plan of salvation and she just cried the whole time (her father pasted away) "if I would've known about all this I would've joined the church years ago" she told us. It broke my heart that she was held from this truth for so long because everyone was too scared to share the gospel!! 

Don't be scared to share it could change someones life!! yeah. So I just know this church is so true. I see it changing lives everyday and I'm so blessed to be apart of this work!! I love being a missionary! And I love you all have a wonderful week!

Sister Schimbeck










-Me and Elder Welton! My batch mate! We're both in Sagay area and both have a Cruz as a companion and we both think I'm the funniest person we've ever met.


No comments:

Post a Comment