Monday, October 12, 2015

Talisay Has My Heart

Hello! Kamusta kamo? My week was so great here in Talisay! I love this area so much already. Its just where I need to be for my (hopefully) last area. They are just the most loving and excited people!! I need that energy so much right now! And Sister Guanzon, she is awesome! She is so hard working and fun! We have a great time working together! I'm her first american companion as its kinda been a change adjusting. But its fun too(:

The beach of Talisay! 
General Conference was so great! Thank you for not spoiling who the new apostles were going to be last week(: I truly felt their power and I sustain them!! I know the Lord can do His work through the weak and simple, that's why He isn't afraid to send out teenagers to preach His gospel!! I loved all the talks, but the thing that stuck out to me most was how almost every speaker talked about the holy ghost! I loved when Henry B Eyring said "the moment we receive the holy ghost our lives are changed forever" I've seen the truthfulness of that statement here on my mission! But for me myself, my life was changed the time I learned how the holy ghost speaks to me.
Even though I've had the gift of the holy ghost for 7 years I didn't know how it worked. Like its so simple actually. I loved Larry R Lawerence's talk, he gave some very real and simple ways the holy ghost works with us!

This week was the baptism of Angelo(: he's 12 years old. When I saw we'd have a baptism I didn't feel like it would be my baptism, I wasn't here to teach him from the beginning. But the whole one week I was here I saw so much of his conversion take place. Everyday his prayer became more meaningful and as we reviewed the baptism interview questions I saw his understanding grow!! The day he was baptized he was glowing and he bore the most powerful and simple testimony.
Baptism of Angelo! 
I cried a little cause I realized I was apart of his conversion process and I still will be as we reteach him again(: he's twelve and he doesn't understand everything yet but 'learn wisdom in thy youth' his decision will bless his life forever cause he is learning in his youth!! The gospel is true! I love being a missionary!! K bye, stay fresh(:

Sister Schimbeck

Sorry a lot my pictures are from Sum-ag hahah

Sacred Grove?

Tree Hugger

Just your average neighborhood(:


super awkward picture but the sunset is cute huh?

Melgar family! I miss them so much! 


Justin wearing his neck tie that the jones family sent(:
now he looks like a boy!!! 

my four favorite elders of my batch! and we were all in the same zone,
for a couple weeks haha then we all got transferred! 


we took pictures at the beach cause I never seen the beach my six months there! 



My Heart Will Go On





little children taking baths at bumbas will always get me! hahah so cute! 



Onate family home evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment