Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Easter

Hello everyone! So I know you all have already watched general conference this weekend, but I haven't, so don't ruin it for me! Joke lang. But I got to watch the womens session! Oh it made me so homesick for my family:/ but hey its okay now but I've got my family here too(: "God gave us families to help us become what he wants us to be' is that so true or what? Henry B Eyring's talk was off the chain. So powerful. When the Savior is the center of the home there is love and there is peace! I've seen that change of families here in my mission and I never realized how blessed I was to grow up with that in my home!
Shout out to Tay and Nay for being the best parents(: living and learning the gospel starts in the home.

Easter was this week!! Yeah so Easter here is weird guys. Everyone is Catholic so they like to focus more on the crucifixion of Jesus Christ rather than His resurrection. Like when we were teaching and testifying about the atonement and resurrection of Jesus Christ they would ask why we don't celebrate it then. We remember the crucifixion and resurrection through the sacrament, every Sunday! The knowledge of the atonement and meaning of the resurrection just changed their look on 'Holy Week' and what the real meaning it is. They don't do Easter egg hunts here either.
Just parades dressed up as Christ apostles carrying candles. They legit crucify people in the Philippines, it was my favorite to testify to them that it is finished! Jesus Christ finished everything, he just asked for our faith and repentance. The atonement and resurrection are so beautiful and perfect. I know our Savior lives and he loves us. That's why he was so obedient and willing to suffer and die for us. I can never put into words how eternally grateful I am for Jesus Christ and His love. I love being a missionary guys, its the most life changing experience. Stay fresh!! Palangga ko kamo!

Alangilan! Our area that is just hiking the whole time! We drank water from a spring and it was delicious (I thought I would die but I didn't) then Brother Ramos climbed some trees so we could get yummy fruits. Yea Pilipinas!

Brother Ramos just up in a trees getting some fruit for us to eat(:




Exchanges with Sister Santos! 

Our area is pretty high up so when its a clear day you can see the ocean and Iloilo on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment