Monday, November 10, 2014

Long Week, New Companion and Baptisms

Hey everyone!! So this week has been longest week ever. But like my new companion is the sweetest thing I have ever met, she's so sweet it almost bugs me but it doesn't really because she's so sweet. Yeah so along with it being the longest week it was the most stressful. Leading an area is hard. But wow I've grown so much from it! But guys I've spoke more Hiligaynon this week than I have my whole mission. ITS SO FUN! And they love it, like I'm still horrible but they love it. I love them, they get me through these long days. And mangos. 
Elvie and Mae's baptism! Brother Jolan got to baptize them(: 

Our baptisms this week! Elvie and Mae Sierra(: Wife and daughter of brother Roldan who got baptized October 18. Elvie was a golden investigator. She was so prepared and ready to receive this gospel!! Mae has been a little bit tougher, missionaries started teaching her in July but shes just never been interested and said she was always too busy, until we taught eternal families! She cried and cried and then everything changed for her she took out her earrings and stopped drinking coffee the next day! Oh I love that family. Jimmy and Arlene(: mom and dad of Sister Jemma Rose that got baptized on October 18 too. I really wanted them to be baptized as a family but I saw over these past few weeks that it was better for Jemma to get baptized first. Brother Jimmy's testimony grew so much from it! Sister Arlene is golden too, the first time she went to church they taught about tithing and when we went to visit her the next day she asked if she could pay her tithing! The baptism was so stressful.
Jimmy and Arlene's baptism! Brother Jolan got to baptize them(:
So we get there and there's no baptism clothes, the font is locked, and our baptism records are missing. I really didn't think that they were going to get baptized that day. It was 4:45 by then when the service was supposed to start at 4 and no one would reply to our texts or calls but finally bishop showed up to save the day! And it was the most spiritual baptismal service(: 


My faith has really been tested this week. I wondered if I could really do this. I doubted myself and my decision. "Now when our hearts were depressed and we were about to turn back behold the Lord comforted us, bear with patience thine afflictions and I will give unto you success." Alma 26:27, I read this in my personal study on a day where I was questioning a lot of stuff and I was instantly comforted. If faith isn't tested it will not grow. I'm so thankful for my relationship with my Heavenly Father and that I can feel His love everyday. I'm so grateful for this time to serve Him!! I love being a missionary!! 

Me and my batch mates! We're all in the same zone(:


Sister Schimbeck

No comments:

Post a Comment