Monday, October 20, 2014

Daily Schedule and Cock Fights!

Another beautiful week here in Sagay! Guys I love the Philippines. And I love being a missionary. Even if its the same thing everyday. Literally the same thing everyday. I can give you times and events that happen every morning.
6:27 The rooster goes off (literally everyday at that same time, we don't even set an alarm anymore)
6:30 we struggle to wake up and start companionship prayer.
6:35 I use the CR (pee)
6:36 personal prayer
6:45 I prepare to work out (this is now the hardest part of the day, its quite the battle with myself)
6:47 The school jimpney drives down our street honking the whole way (its the most annoying horn too)
6:50 The most dreaded time of the day, burpees (I end up just laying on the ground most of the time telling Sister Cruz I'm going to die) (I don't)
7:00 Bath/shower/bucket time (its getting colder here so showering still is an awful time)
7:10 Our neighbors start playing 80's music!
7:15 Christmas music!
7:25 Breakfast (usually pancakes or oatmeal, I'm not lying about the same routine everyday)
8:00 Studies

Yep that's my morning everyday! Luckily proselyting time a little more of a variety! Like this week that most exciting event of my mission happened (besides the baptisms of course) I FINALLY SAW A COCK FIGHT! Real life roosters fighting each other. It was a thrill.

We had three baptisms this week(: Sister Jemma Rose! We've been teaching her and her family and they were all scheduled to be baptized November 8 together but Jemma really wanted to go to this youth camp that only members can go to so she told us she was going to bet baptized, we didn't argue because she was so ready, been to church like 6 times and reads and prays, sagad sya!
Brother Roldan! We taught him clear back in August cause his daughter that is a recent convert would make him. He had the desire to learn but he had a word of wisdom problems so he was really shy and ashamed. He left for a couple weeks to work, got really sick and came back and asked us to teach him again. He said it was a sign from heaven that he needed to be taught by the missionaries again. He was still kinda shy though and would hide from us, until he went to church! He loved church so much!! After that he would wait for us to come teach him! He has a hard time reading but he reads everyday! His wife and other daughter are finally coming along and have a baptism date too(:
Brother Julan! This is the investigator that said YOLO when he was bearing testimony about the Book of Mormon haha. His whole family are recent converts. He would sometimes listen in on lessons but was never that interested. Until we taught him about Joseph Smith. He felt the spirit so strong and wanted it!! Hes been so great ever since! He understands the Book of Mormon so well!! He even reads it in English. He told us he wants to go on on mission! It melted my heart to hear that! Oh I love being a missionary! I can never say it enough haha its going to be so hard the day I have to take this name tag off. Well I love you all! Bye g2g!

Sister Schimbeck
Heres my house!! Cute huh 
Heres my cute district! 

1 comment:

  1. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up.
    s128

    ReplyDelete